Tuesday, September 06, 2011

H is for Hurry

H is for hurry. "Here's your hat, what's your hurry?"

Actually, for most of the day I have been considering the thought, "Hurry up and wait." Life speeds along at an incredible clip and there appears but just one solution, to stop running through each day, to slow down and savor the moments. It's all easier said than done, of course, but if you will think back to days of childhood, I think you will find that yesteryear was a simpler time, a time of no hurrying, or at least much less of it, and you know, at the end of the day I wasn't feeling all stressed out.

It is my hope to once again learn how to "stop and smell the roses," after all "the hurrier you go, the behinder you get" and I don't have time for that!

To see the other participants in of ABC Wednesday Round 9, click here!

12 comments:

  1. What a cool picture...and very true thoughts.

    Going to Hughson to Louise's funeral will be a break from our daily routine of caring for Aunt Trula. I plan on reading while Don drives, and just enjoy seeing friends and celebrating Louise's life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful, relaxing time, Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hard to slow down, tho it's unclear where one is going

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. "stop and smell the roses" is one of my favorites sayings. Some of us need the opposite encouragement sometimes though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think yesteryears is better than today's world in a simple person's mind's perspective like me.

    My ABC entry, please come and see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please tell us more about the picture!
    Meanwhile I will do my very best to follow your advice!
    HelenMac
    ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. On our way home from a family picnic in the Finger Lakes, between Keuka and Seneca Lakes, my son and husband stopped to look at a car for sale. This carved "H" was sitting there in the front yard. I decided it would make a wonderful "ABC Wednesday" photo and snapped a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to embrace the sentiment here. We just don't get to see half of our wonderful world because we have 'way too much going on in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Martha, thank you for the background to the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're welcome, Helen. I wish I knew more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post and 'hurrying' has been on my mind recetnly. I know I need to slow down, think more, appreciate more and in slowing down I know I will be more effective. Great reminder, great post.

    ReplyDelete