Thursday, September 15, 2011

Leaving in the Morning

Hannah and I are off to the Bronx tomorrow morning. It a six hour drive from here. The weekend weather is forecast to be cool and sunny. Perfect. We'll be back sometime late Monday afternoon. We are excited.

I'm not sure yet what all we're going to do, though I would like to visit Central Park. I'm also going to find out if my friend's husband looks anything like Renoir. I have a sneaking suspicion that the illustrator of this children's book used him as a model.

Mom is spending the weekend with Rachel, even though she was fairly certain she would be fine staying here alone most of the time. (James and the boys aren't going with us, but I know they'll be busy working.) On our way out of town I'm hoping to pick up some apples and/or peaches for my friend, and maybe find one of those prepaid E-Z Pass gift cards for the Thruway tolls too.

See you next week!

8 comments:

  1. Have a fun time in the city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and please think of me because I'll be with you in spirit. Sounds like a great adventure ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time! Praying for traveling mercies! <3 (Pam)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so much fun! I have lived in New York state all my life and have yet to visit the Big Apple! I am glad you have such good weather forecast too, sunny but not too hot..have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time, Martha and Hannah!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. safe journey, prayers are following you. peace be with you as God watches over you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're having fun! I am enjoying her, and my husband enjoys picking on her (I think she likes it :) ) I wish I had gotten a wheelchair from somewhere. I'd love to be able to take her out for a walk and give her a change of scenery during the day.

    ReplyDelete