Tuesday, September 27, 2011

K is for Kleenex

K is for Kleenex, you know, those super soft tissues with which we wipe our noses. Kids can go through a whole lot of Kleenex with their constant colds and runny noses. It might be wise to keep a box within reach when caring for little ones, especially during allergy season. KERCHOO!

Grandmas also use a bunch of Kleenex. They hide them in their pockets and up their sleeves and take them out whenever the urge to blow becomes irresistible. Kleenex are a must if Grandma is on oxygen, The air hose will irritate her nasal passages and cause her nose to run which may prove embarrassing if she is caught without.


Although they are technically "tissues," I still find myself referring to them as Kleenex even though I usually buy Scotties.

To see the other participants in of ABC Wednesday Round 9, click here.

10 comments:

  1. think almost everyone uses the brand name to refer to the generic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep~~~ we call our brand Kleenex too...and it's not!!!!

    Love how you discribe how grandma's have all their tissues!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very popular thing during allergy season.

    Kids at Heart is one of my ABC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby says he always knows where I am: simply follow the trail of Kleenex! Great post!
    HelenMac
    ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always referred to them as kleenex, too. My grandmother always used to keep them in her apron pockets (clean of course!). When I inherited a bunch of her old aprons, I wasn't surprised to find on in one of the pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't go anywhere without my Kleenex and yes, I leave a trail behind me too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting choice for a K topic...

    ReplyDelete