Tuesday, September 20, 2011

J is for Journey

J is for Journey. This past weekend my daughter and I went on a journey together. We packed our bags, filled the gas tank, and headed off  for New York City. It was a long drive, but with sunny skies and good company, the hours passed quickly.





I found the home of my friend Judy with the help of my navigator daughter and spent the weekend getting re- acquainted with one of my childhood friends. We hadn't seen each other in over thirty years!

We spent a fun weekend traipsing through Manhattan and relaxing in the Bronx. After a solo final trip to the tip of Manhattan on Monday morning, Hannah and I started the journey home. It was a fun weekend. We learned a lot, laughed a lot, and look forward to a return trip one day.

To see the other participants in of ABC Wednesday Round 9, click here!

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh, it is just how I pictured it! What a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last photo!

    Here's my J entry, have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a truly great "journey".

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great journey. I remember my last journey with my mom. It's just her and me and I will never forget it. Now she is gone for 11 years I still remember that beautiful time. ^_^
    ABC Wed

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get back to NYC.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, fabulous, just the two of you. I love the photos. New York City is a great place.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to NYC! Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 30 years! Wow That is a long time! Was it like 'old times'?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was much like old times. It made me recall just why I have missed her all these years.

    ReplyDelete