Monday, October 30, 2006

Time For a Rest


I has been an exhilerating and yet exausting two weeks. A couple of Mondays ago we were packing for our trip to New Mexico and this morning Grandmanita and Lee Anne left for Fort Erie and their eventual trip back to Nova Scotia.

We have been across the country and back, changed time zones twice and changed the clocks, celebrated three birthdays and a wedding, survived the drive down Sandia Peak, stayed up way too late, kept my sister's three kids for the weekend, and spent a few hours sitting in the doctor's office on Saturday. (James imbedded a quarter inch chisel into his hand. This included an x-ray, tetnas shot, and a round of antibiotics. Praise God there is no permanent damage.)Friday morning the kids had a chance to go out and play in the leaves, a favorite fall activity. I'm glad they had time for some fun outside before the wind and rain kicked up.

Yesterday after church we enjoyed a New Mexican dinner with our family, complete with chili con carne (I never call it that), green chile stew, and sopapillas. There were 20 people here and my allergies and the activity of the past couple weeks all caught up with me at once. I would have been so very disappointed not to have had the dinner but I was so very tired too.

Today the house is quiet and still. Ben and Hannah are busy with school work and Troy stayed home with his dad because his brother is sick. Maybe this afternoon I can go for a walk or catch up on some much needed sleep.

6 comments:

  1. You sound like you need a rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My poor honey's tired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audra seems to have had fun...judging from the pic.

    I owe you several favours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't owe me anything. What goes around comes around. Do something for someone else and figure it even.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...there you go. I am having an extra daughter for about 5 days while her parents are gone.

    I'm becoming quite proficient with left handed typing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy and should be tired! huggers!

    ReplyDelete