Friday, October 13, 2006

Another Winter Church


Today was a busy kind of day. I feel like I was able to get something accomplished and am satisfied with what was done. I had some time to play toys and read to Troy this morning. We didn't go for a walk as it was very cold and there were some other things calling for my attention.

I work best under pressure and as we will be leaving for New Mexico in just a few days, now seemed like a good time to work on the music boxes that I will be taking down with me. Today I painted the cover of this one and tomorrow I will stop at the ceramic store where they have wind up music boxes to put inside. I'm hoping to find some hymns to go along with the church pictures, maybe Amazing Grace or something like that.

Not only did I paint, but I also made an apple pie to send home with Troy's mom. I didn't have time to bake it before she came so she had the privilege of having the aroma of fresh baked pie filling her house. I would have made two, but I ran out of sugar. Grocery shopping is tomorrow so our pie is not far off. I can smell it baking already...

5 comments:

  1. That was very nice of you to make a pie for Troy's family, especially when you didn't have enough sugar for your own.
    The music box sounds really nice too! Take lots of pictures on your trip. maybe we can scrapbook sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look nice with the third pine tree there. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a neat idea to have a hymn play in that music box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you painted the church scene? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicki! Congratulations on the beautiful new baby!

    Yes, when under pressure, I can actually sit down and complete a project. It was fun too.

    ReplyDelete