Friday, October 06, 2006

No Retreat


It's time for the church retreat to "the castle" in PA. For the past two years I have enjoyed driving down and spending some time on the mountain with the Lord. We sing together, eat together, study the Bible together, pray together, and get to know each other a little bit better too. On Friday afternoon, there are a few free hours to take a nap, go for a walk, or drive down to the town for the Apple Festival, which happens to be this weekend.

Last year my favorite daughter in law was able to go, which was a real blessing for both of us. God used this time in both of our lives to give us a closer relationship, not only with Him, but with each other too.

I love the retreat and always look forward to going, but it was not to be this year. God had different plans for me, so I am home. Instead of me going, my oldest son is there. He will have a wonderful time and get to know people from church in a new and closer way. Maybe I'll get to go again next year.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have a fulfilling weekend here at home. Steven's already looking forward to the winter retreat at Three Springs. I'm glad he enjoyed the fall one so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome time and looks like a wonderful place. Hopefully you'll be able to go again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful place! I hope you have a blessed and wonderful weekend at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also enjoyed my time at the castle with you and Leta. It was so nice going last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like they only let so many Teals go in one year! Is that because you guys get in too much trouble??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we surpassed our limit last year ;)

    ReplyDelete