Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Sad Week

This has been a sad week. It's hard to think of fun things to write on a silly blog when there are so many people struggling in the world. Hearts are breaking everywhere for the Amish community in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania and their tragic loss. I am amazed anew at the strength God gives when His people go through dark and terrible times. When I think of my own human heart and my own human weaknesses, I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to give this trial into the hands of a loving God and trust that He knows best. How would I be able to let go of my own sorrow should the Lord choose to let me endure such a loss. Only by His strength and power can anyone forgive and truly love at a time like this. I pray that God will be with these faithful souls, continue to give them peace, grant them the power to forgive and love, and the faith to believe in His promises. One day they will see their little girls again in a far better place.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree...it is a very sad week. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen my dear. I am so heartbroken over the loss of those precious childern. Isn't it awesome how their families quickly forgave and also took the killers family under their wings?
    I also am still saddened by the other school attacks. Our school here in Nixa MO was on lock down after a threat was called in to the school. Terrible!

    ReplyDelete