Friday, October 13, 2006

October Snowstorm


My sister in law called from New Mexico this morning to ask about the snowstorm we had last night. I looked out my windows at the green grass and bightly colored leaves still hanging on the trees. The sun was shining, yes, it was very cold, but I didn't see any snow. I thought maybe she was pulling my leg or misinformed, so I got online and checked the Rochester newspaper. Lo and behold, she was right! Buffalo and surrounding areas got anywhere from 18 to 24 inches of snow last night! Wow, another reason to be happy living here along the southern shore of a Great Lake and not on the eastern end of one. I'm just not quite ready for snow in October. It's about as weird as summer-like weather in January. (Yes, Shelly?) http://justseven.blogspot.com/2006/02/february.html

Well, rather than swiping someone else's photo of the Buffalo snow, I decided to post this little painting I finished up yesterday. It says the same thing. Winter, coming sooner than we had anticipated.

7 comments:

  1. No snow, but I did send the boys to school with their winter jackets this morning. Our thermometer outside the front door said 35 degrees, brrr... Winter is NOT here to stay, and yes it IS beautifully sunny today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're building another house a couple doors down from us, and I keep looking at the guys out the window...they must be cold. They're just putting in the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very lovely painting. We got quite cold here in missouri-33-but no snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it was cold riding my scooter to school today. Good thing there is no school tomarrow because I don't want to ride in the freezing cold again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to mention your painting...it IS VERY NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're family was certainly blessed with some creativity genes. Those are both beautiful paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much. God is good to give us all something we enjoy, huh?

    ReplyDelete