Friday, March 31, 2006

Everything Coming Up... Crocuses!

Well this has been a week of absolutely splendid weather. The skies have been blue, the sun has been shining, and soon the grass will be fresh and green. The sunshine makes me want to take the camera outside and get some pictures but as of yet they turn out mostly brown. No wonder God gave us the green grass and leaves on the trees, bright blue skies, and all those beautiful flowers for our fields and gardens. I am amazed anew every spring as the shoots and leaves push their way up through the ground. I love the little crocus flowers that brighten up our gardens this time of year. They put a smile on my face with their pretty colors and happy look.

I had a chance yesterday afternoon to stop up in the village and see Bethany before she went home from work. She ran up to me, gave me a big hug, and said, "I love you, Mom." I watched an elderly woman in smile and then say to me, "She's a wonderful daughter." I am so thankful for my kids. God has blessed me more than I could ever imagine. So anyway, Beth got me a glass of water with lemon and we sat and talked for a few minutes before I went back home. I miss having her here but I'm glad that she isn't too far away (and I love reading her blog too).

Well, it is another gorgeous day so I guess I had better go and enjoy it while I can. I hear that we may get some thunderstorms later this evening. Better pick up those leaves I raked out of the garden yesterday. This weekend we change our clocks for daylight savings time. It doesn't seem possible that it's time to change the clocks already, I'm having a hard enough time getting up in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I'll plant some crocuses this fall so that they come up next spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crocuses too! They're so pretty, and I like the fact that when they die there aren't tall stalks remaining, that you can't cut down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see any pretty bulbous flowers in the garden here at my apartment... makes me miss my garden at home. It was great to see you yesterday Mom! It brightened my day. :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete