Tuesday, March 21, 2006

An Old Friend


Today I dedicate my blog to an old friend. This is Katherine Von Bora, affectionately known as Katie, a good friend for many years.

Blogging has been rather lonely lately as most of you have been either busy or disinterested in writing. Maybe you have been distracted by all the wonderful weather we have been experiencing or are away on vacation. A vacation sounds rather nice actually, someplace warm and sunny with a beach maybe. Truthfully, I don't mind just staying here at my own house but I would prefer more springlike temperatures. I am anxiously awaiting seventy degree weather so that Hannah and I can go out and sit together on the tire swing after supper. Ahh, summer is really my favorite season! I can hardly wait...

6 comments:

  1. She was a nice little pooch, wasn't she? I remember when she would go into dad's vegetable garden and eat his green beans right off the plant. She was such a beggar too. I remember her begging even when I was eating a bowl of cereal! She was a good friend though. I cried and cried when she died. The song "You Decorated My Life" by Kenny Rogers, reminds me of her because I heard it right after she died. Isn't that funny how certain songs remind you of events or people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, ma! I'm still here! I check my (and everyone else's) blog almost every day... jus' don't write quite as often as before. Maybe I will today after I make dinner and before we go to your house... I love you mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes....she was a dog to remember. The song that makes me think of her is this one......"Kkkkk-katie. KKkkk-katie...when the mmmm-moon shines, over the cccc-cow shed...I'll be waiting for you by the kkkk-kitchen door!"

    Sorry for the lonely blogging. I do enjoy blogging..but I am trying to keep it to a minimum. I get sucked into the computer and waste so much time. Sometimes it's better if I stay away from it entirely.

    I've also not been in a blogging mood lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...."Your the only gggg-girl I adore!" I couldn't think of that line. It's coming back to me now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I KNOW A PLACE! where a person ...can collect sand dollars on the beach..where
    one can dip their feet in the sea salt water of the Atlantic ocean ...eat
    succulent fresh, while you wait cooked lobster..served with lots of
    butter...yes, I KNOW A PLACE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a wonderful place! Is it far?

    ReplyDelete