Wednesday, March 08, 2006

March of the Birthdays


March of the birthdays? Hey, why not? Here they come, one after the other. This is me on my first birthday. I sure look like a sober-faced baby! I couldn't have been all that unhappy, after all, that is cake in front of me. I obviously don't remember this birthday, but I do remember turning three and having Hey Diddle Diddle on my cake, or was it Humpty Dumpty? Oh my! My memory fails me! Anyway, back to the March... What a great month to be born in. You get a little bit of winter (maybe a blizzard), a little bit of spring (maybe an ice storm), some sunshine and some rain. I alway loved having a birthday on the second day of spring. Some March people get a special celebration every year; people wear green, have parades, and change their last names to things like O'Mrugalski or McBeaujon. How fun! Then there are those of us who were born on a truly special holiday, like Palm Sunday or Easter. Yes, they actually used to show up in March on occasion. So... if you are thinking of changing your birthday, consider March. It's a great month.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure it is a great month to have a birthday. By the way, when is Leif Garret's Birthday again?Haha-sorry, I couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for March birthdays! Speaking o' which... I need to find Adam a birthday gift. Nine days and counting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Rachel commented just when I was going to, and she stole the letters I was entering so I had to enter a new code. Wierd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Beth, I didn't mean to steal your letters.
    Hey Martha, I need some of those old pictures you have. Maybe I need to get a slide scanner and get my own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used the digital camera and took a photo of the image on the wall. How's that for being a genius?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you smarter than the average ranger!

    ReplyDelete