Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A Reason to Smile


I laugh when I look at this picture of myself. I must have been about 3 years old; a truly delightful child, as you can see. I really don't know what I was so mad about, my mom doesn't remember either, but I can almost actually remember being mad. Maybe I had just gotten up or something and wasn't quite ready to smile for the camera. At any rate, I certainly don't look very happy, or very lovable either. I guess we all have our days. It's a good thing most moms and dads have loved us inspite of our unwillingness to always be loving and cooperative. Mom and Dad may have gotten angry, but I always knew they loved me.

I'm so glad that God is that way with us too. He loves me no matter what because I belong to Him. His desire, of course, is that I live for and follow His will for my life. It's not always easy to know exactly what that is from day to day, but if I trust in Him, He will lead my steps. If I decide to turn away from Him and do my own thing, He will let me, but He will chasten me and draw me back too. He is alway ready and willing to accept me back when I am truly sorry for rejecting Him and His love for me. I pray that I would be more willing to follow Him and not put on the grumpy face when things aren't going my way.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad God is so gracious and merciful! Sometimes I don't feel like offering the same to my kids because I get angry and then I'm reminded how merciful God has been, and still is with me.
    I don't think I've ever seen this funny picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Martha ~~ what a treat to read some of your older posts.

    You give me reason to smile many times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture is just priceless Martha! I love, love love it!

    ReplyDelete