Monday, July 15, 2019

Pottery Surprise

I took my usual Monday night detour to the pottery studio on the way home. I was curious to see if my last people sculptures were out of the kiln. I found them waiting on the bisque shelf just like I expected, and my "self-sculpture" was waiting too. Both projects are glazed and waiting to be put through the fire again. This is the exciting part. Can hardly wait until next week!

As I was standing there in the studio, I glanced at the shelved full of glazed work and a bowl caught my attention. It had my "fingerprints" all over it, but I didn't recall a missing piece. I picked it up and turned it over. The speckled clay told me it was indeed mine, but I couldn't make out whether or not my name was engraved in the bottom. For a minute I was second guessing myself. I certainly don't want to take another potter's work... But on closer inspection I found my name was there hidden in the specks. How could I have doubted?


2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful work Martha.
    I love all the crafty things you create.
    Glad you found that treasure.

    ReplyDelete