Saturday, July 20, 2019

Heat Wave

The heat wave promised earlier this week has arrived. I am even more grateful for the air conditioner tonight than I was last night. I could feel the heat coming through my slanted ceiling this afternoon, and though it was still comfortable upstairs, I decided to give the machine a rest and go down for the rest of the day. This evening, when the sun ceased beating on the roof, I turned it back on. So nice!

In the village of Webster there is a little museum dedicated to the town's history. It's been there for years and I'd never been inside. This afternoon I decided to escape the heat and visit the Webster Museum. There is no charge to get in and it's fully air conditioned. I talked to the former mayor who was overseeing the place and learned a few new things about Webster's history.

This evening I took my camera for a ride down to the lake. Lake Ontario. It was warm and muggy, but beautiful. People were checking out the water and walking the pier. There had been a wedding on the hill with pictures on the mostly submerged boardwalk/ underwater breakwall, and a photographer with a wagon full of equipment was just setting up to capture the sunset. Since I was alone, I took my usual pictures, the backs of people I don't know, and then headed for home.

4 comments:

  1. ...it's HOT in the Adirondacks too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is hot everywhere!
      My son is just returning from his yearly camping trip to Raquette Lake with his buddies.

      Delete
  2. I love that you are doing things to escape the heat and shooting again. I find the backsides of people so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very nice weekend after all. I was feeling very emotional on Friday evening, to the point of tears, but God provided just what I needed. He is so good like that.

      Yes, shooting pictures from behind is less intimidated for both the subject and the photographer. And it makes wonderful candid photos.
      :0)

      Delete