Sunday, July 21, 2019

National Ice Cream Day

Today was the third Sunday in July and that means National Ice Cream Day. It was an epic celebration! Rachel and I stopped at Yia Yia's on our way home from visiting our brother Tim, and we both had soft ice cream cones with sprinkles that cascaded down the sides of the ice cream and onto our hands. A warm breeze made keeping up with the drips literally impossible and I had to shake melted ice cream and rogue sprinkles from my fingers more than once. The experience was delightful!

This evening was a gathering of family in honor of Hannah and her 24th birthday, which was last Thursday. We had brownies and ice cream with whipped cream and various garnishes. (Yes, I had more ice cream, because after all it was National Ice Cream Day...) We had a great turnout. James and four of her six siblings came, along with two sisters in law, a brother in law, and seven nieces and nephews. She is much loved.

Although I am not looking forward to hearing my alarm beep in the morning, I am ready to be back at the daycare and see the kids and my coworkers. I can't remember what's for lunch tomorrow, but I do know I forgot to take out the turkey roll... Ha ha! Those turkey sandwiches will get us every time. (Looks like I'll be thawing it under running water tomorrow...)

4 comments:

  1. Love the picture of you and your ice cream. Wish we were sharing it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, yummm ice cream is my passion and downfall.
    It looks like a wonderful family gathering.
    Hope the work lunch worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lunch worked out great today, and the turkey will be thawed for tomorrow. I am a wee bit exhausted though. Ha ha!
      :0)

      Delete