Friday, July 12, 2019

Friday Night

Friday night. I always come home tired, but feeling like I don't have time to rest. There is so much to be done in the little time I have off work. No one was here when I came in the house. I tossed a few ideas around in my head; walk to the Fireman's Carnival, take myself out to eat, clean my room... I put on my shoes and socks, but before I could go anywhere my people came home, and guess what? They had plans to stay home! (How cool is that?)

Tonight I made myself a strawberry banana smoothie for supper, sat out on the back porch and shared it with Idris. Hannah came out to join us and she and I enjoyed watching the antics of a two and a half year old. He is full of energy and ideas! When he stubbed his toe and came to Mommy for some help, she kissed his boo-boo, shrugged her shoulders, and said, "It happens..." And he was good with that. Of course he came back several times with new owies to be tended and was soon laughing and saying, "It happens..."

When the little guy went to bed, Hannah and I looked at outside kid space ideas on Pinterest. Then she and Sergio went out to pick up some food while I stayed home to make sure no one ran off with the kid. And then we watched a movie. I'd call that a restful evening. Ahh... Now for some sleep before tomorrow's adventures.

2 comments:

  1. Your night at home sounds like the perfect solution to a tiring day.
    Food and fellowship...Good Stuff...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was the perfect solution.
      I am blessed.
      :0)

      Delete