Saturday, July 06, 2019

Life

Life has taken some unexpected turns, but through it all God has never left my side. He takes care of me every single day, never ceasing to remind me of His great love.

Every so often, on my way out the door to work or church, I look down the driveway, across the street toward the morning sun, and feel incredibly blessed. It isn't the same stunning view we had out on the farm in Williamson, scenes of apple trees and blueberry bushes, but beautiful in its very own familiar way.

The little blue house has been a constant throughout my life, always there across the way. The pine tree that once spread its full and lovely skirt across the ground, is now tall, sparse, and scraggly. The water tank, which once stood in solidarity with another, now stands alone, but it's been given a fresh new coat of paint, a new "Webster" banner, and it is no longer the eyesore it had been for so many years. The cell tower is new, but the morning sunlight is older than me. I remember our cat laying on the square of sunshine cast through the front window on the living room rug and how Mom told us that she liked the sunlight.

I'm feeling relaxed today, taking my time getting started, and not feeling guilty. It's almost 10 o'clock. I've taken my shower but second guessed my choice of attire and so am back in my jammies until I decide. I made myself a smoothie of oatmeal, almond milk, and frozen berries, and drank my coffee. A borrowed fan cools my feet and I am still sitting in bed. It's time to get dressed and get myself moving. Maybe a tall glass of water and a hug from Number Nine.

5 comments:

  1. This seems like the perfect start to the day.
    I hear contentment in your voice and peace in your soul today. PTL...
    I have many concerns this morning but I am trying to give it over to the Lord...strangely I feel at peace too.
    The sun is pouring in the window, the neighborhood is quiet, there's a gentle breeze, my breakfast was satisfying and my cup of coffee...Good!
    And so I move into the day too, even though I'm 3 hours behind you.
    Have a great weekend and enjoy that tall glass of water..(:0)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mornings have an unmatched beautiful quality. There is a new contentment in my soul today, a peace I can't explain. The trials haven't magically disappeared, but there is a settledness now that had been missing.
      I pray your day was blessed.
      :0)

      Delete
    2. I love that word "settledness". There is nothing like the Peace that passes all understanding.

      Delete
  2. Those are wonderful memories, Martha. It sounds like you have been counting your blessings instead of mourning the loss of your old place. That's a good thing. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to focus on all the blessings of the past and how God is still blessing me today. It's the only way to move forward. Yes, it is a good thing.
      :0)

      Delete