Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Bits and Pieces

* The pottery studio has been calling this week, but headaches and appointments kept me away. Tonight I took the ride all the way down Rt 31 from work right into the middle of the city of Rochester. I missed the latest bisque firing, the kiln was just loaded, but it's finally on the shelf to be fired. There are seven kids clustered on and around that bigger figure. (Psst! It's me!)

* I got home to find the family outside in the driveway at the picnic table just finishing up a pizza. (I'd already eaten.) They'd been to Aunt Rachel's house and she'd told Hannah she had something to tell her, but I needed to be there. Not wanting my daughter to be awake all night wondering, I took her back to Aunt Rachel's to see what it was all about. (I already knew.) Many years ago my mom started an afghan for Hannah. She had the panels done, and some of the stitching in between, but hadn't been able to put it together before she was no longer able. My sister's mother in law graciously finished the stitching and my sweet girl now has an afghan from her grandma.

* On July 1 we received some unexpected news from our Minnesota family. Number 13 is on the way! How cool is that? I think they were rather surprised too. Little Parker is just seven months old and he'll be a big brother in January. Looks like we might have to spend another Christmas without them... but just wait until the celebration when we do!

3 comments:

  1. I had told her I had something "for her" but I wanted you to be there... not something to tell her. No wonder she thought I might be pregnant! That and my smocky tank top I was wearing today.😂🤣 The afghan is so beautiful!
    So excited for Jim, Michele, Austin, and Parker. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love that announcement they made. So cute!

      Delete
    2. She thought you had said "something to tell her," but she said, "I know she's not pregnant!" The afghan is gorgeous! Thank you so much for your part in making it happen.

      Delete