Monday, July 01, 2019

Little Bits

The daycare center is a little stirred up this week. I spent a bit time in the young toddler room this morning during breakfast (It's a crazy place!) before my escape to the kitchen. Rather than break Megan K in the infant room after lunch, I gave Megan P some planning time and sat with the 3 year old class. I was covered with children in no time flat. By the time I went back to the infant room at 3:30 pm there was only one baby left. I went home just a tad early.

This morning I took a bag of treasures to the school age teachers; a Bop It! game I found at Goodwill, a Simon game I picked up at Savers, a couple of sticker books from Once Upon A Child, and one of my in-very-good-shape Calvin and Hobbes books. I think everything was enjoyed by someone and I am keeping my eyes open for more Bop It! games.

On Saturday afternoon/evening I had a surprise visit from my son Joe. We meandered about the yard, watered my new garden plants, and had a glass of sparkling Mandarin orange water before Hannah and Sergio came home. Then we ordered pizza for dinner.

Last night when Hannah and Sergio went out, I made a visit to Bethany's house. I found my little granddaughter looking quite beautiful. She is growing up. Adam was out to the store when I arrived. When he came home he brought pizza! Pizza two nights in a row! How cool is that?

Tonight I took a run to the pottery studio. I knew all the wheels were occupied by classes, but I had a couple little sculptures to check on. While there I found a little inspiration to do some more sculpting. I sculpted a Martha covered in children. Seven, of course, and they're all mine.

4 comments:

  1. ...what is life without pizza?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life without pizza is terribly sad.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Love me some pizza. Had pizza on Saturday...first time in a year. Yumm it was delicious and I was so bad for enjoying it.
    Can't wait to see your piece with the 7 swarming all over you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to seeing how my next two pieces turn out. As much as I enjoy the wheel and throwing bowls, I really do love handbuilding best.
      :0)

      Delete