Friday, July 19, 2019

Bits and Pieces

* It's been a busy, tired week. If I wasn't busy, I was tired. Ha ha!

* I met some friends for dinner and dessert at The Cheesecake Factory on Tuesday. Two were complete strangers beforehand, but it was a fun evening. I tried very hard to behave with my eating. The cheesecake was looking mighty fine, but I only had a teeny taste from a friend. I did have a scoop of ice cream though. Just one scoop, and a bit of apple crisp which was much too sweet to eat.. and I was already full from my Mexican Tortilla Salad.

*Yesterday was Hannah's birthday. She and Sergio went out to dinner on a gift card from the Cabinetmaker, and I took Number Nine out to the water party at church. It turned out to be a little above him (inflatable water games). He didn't want to take his shoes off, and he doesn't get the concept of standing in line, and this grandma was seeing trouble. He did like the sidewalk chalk and the bubbles. I bought him a popcorn and took him to the spray park in Webster. He got soaked and loved it, and then we went to Wegmans to find a birthday balloon and a card for Mommy.

* Summer at the daycare is a never-know-what-the-day-will-bring affair. After strict orders to stick with the menu (in June), this week we had no Sunflower Butter for sandwiches. The Powers That Be were notified, but failed to deliver, so we had Sloppy Joes yesterday instead. I think the kids liked them better anyway. We're averaging just about 40 kids a day and most of the staff is seeing slightly shortened hours. Today was my turn to go home early.

* (I've been enjoying my "fan club" this week. With the heat wave settling in I find myself quite grateful for a or two fan blowing while I sleep. My attic isn't air conditioned so I may end up sleeping downstairs tonight. We'll see.

* Photos of the beautiful clematis my sister brought home from work for Mom. Priscilla worked at a clematis nursery years ago.

** Update- My attic is now air conditioned thanks to a God who loves me, a son and daughter in law who had an extra one handy, and a sister who I heard got the quest for one started. I am incredibly grateful.

5 comments:

  1. Oh i hope you get some rest..
    Airconditioners are a luxury, cool clothes, sitting on the roof an option? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! An update message. You are blessed!!!
    Peace and sleep. Love the sisterdom at work. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thrilled you got AC for your bedroom. Now sleep will be sweeter for you.
    those rules for the preschool food are really strict. Wonder if the attendance is down because the people aren't to keen on the menu changes either.
    Sound like a great alternative for #9...much better than a meltdown.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very comfortable night and I am so grateful! I turned it off this afternoon when I felt the heat coming through the roof. Turned it on again this evening. I'm sure it's cooled off again now, but I'm still downstairs... It's probably cooler up there though.

      Delete