Thursday, July 04, 2019

Happy Fourth of July

It was a good day. We cleaned the house, made some food, and set up the yard for a picnic, but the best part of every gathering is the people who show up and the connections we make with them.

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw my friend Ann. It's been a long time. She has struggled with sickness for many years and has lived far away, but today she showed up on my doorstep with her new husband. They've been married a year, but she tells me they were childhood sweethearts. He knocked on her door unexpectedly almost two years ago and they fell in love all over again. (Don't you just love stories like that?)

My feet are tired and my mind and body are exhausted. Sleep is not far off and I still need to get up for work in the  morning. It's been a wonderful day.

4 comments:

  1. Martha, I am glad to hear you had a wonderful day. That just makes me happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled that you had such a great day. You need those to charge your batteries.
    Hope you were able to get to work okay today and it was good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was also good. I am tired tonight and planning to turn in early. It's just about 7 o'clock. It won't get dark for another couple hours, but I am ready now. Ha ha!
      :0)

      Delete