Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Today

But first last night. (ha ha!)

Last night I forgot to drink my tea. I left it at the top of my fold-down attic stairway and forgot all about it. I found it in the middle of the night when I got up to use the bathroom. I took it downstairs with me (because why not?) and popped it in the microwave. I retrieved it on the way back through the kitchen and took it upstairs into the darkness. Before climbing into my bed, I set my cup down on the lid of my closed laptop. Just until I straightened the covers. But all was not well. I heard a strange noise and then a thud. Seems I'd left my mouse (because I'm touchpad handicapped) on my computer and the lid was not totally closed. Sadly, my cup slid off and tea was all over my bedroom floor. I probably used up half a box of tissue cleaning it up. After that I was wide awake.

So, today.

* Today I did not get a speeding ticket, thanks to the individual coming toward me on Canandaigua Rd. They flashed their high-beams and I took notice. When I entered the 30 mile an hour zone just down the road, I had already slowed all the way down to 30 mph. Good idea. There was a police car just waiting.

* I was cranky and flustered this morning. It was partly because I was cranky and flustered, and partly because I couldn't leave the baby room to pee. And then later because I couldn't leave the baby room to start my job in the kitchen. But mostly because I was cranky and flustered. I didn't sleep much after spilling my tea on the floor last night, but really I've just been emotional lately. My boss actually stopped in the kitchen to check on me and see if I was alright. I got teary, but felt better afterward. I told her later that I was going to be okay. We all have our days and I have had a few. Maybe I'm done for a while now.

* The remainder of the day was good. I fixed the lunch, cleaned the kitchen, and set out snacks. I snuggled little ones, changed diapers, and played games. I worked an extra half hour and then visited the chiropractor, who did his best to take what felt like a knife out of my right shoulder blade.When that was done, I went to the pottery studio. I wasn't there alone this time and that is good. On the way home I stopped to fill up my gas tank, because I know I won't want to fill it tomorrow. We're going into the deep freeze!

4 comments:

  1. ...stay warm and safe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when things like that happen and then I find that I can't sleep either.

    ReplyDelete