Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Snow Tires and Stuff

Yesterday morning I was entirely thankful for good tires on my vehicle. (I can't remember if they are snow tires or brand new all-season tires, but they are doing a good job in the snow.) All the roads were snow covered and slick. It was so cold that every step I took made a squeaking sound as the snow moved under my feet. It was what I call "booger-freezing weather! I left home while it was still dark out and didn't come home until it was dark again.

Monday night is Step Study night. I am sorting through hard things. Some of it gets written down, but there are also thoughts still swirling, thoughts that haven't yet found a landing place. I'm learning more about me and it's an interesting journey.

Today was a hard day. A cranky day. I felt off and I knew it, but I made it through. It helps to be aware of my feelings and work my way through the day by giving myself room to breathe and admit I'm not always going to be okay every day. I just need to take one day at a time.

This evening I met my son Joe and we went out to Chipotle for a bite to eat. It's nice to catch up with my kids every once in a while. I knew there would come a day when they would go off on their own, I just didn't know how fast it would get here.

I'm expected at work a half hour early tomorrow morning. For some reason that makes me feel like I need to go to sleep earlier. Or maybe I'm really tired and that's why I was feeling cranky today.
:0)
 

2 comments:

  1. ...I had been wishing for snow, I need to be careful about what I wish for!

    ReplyDelete