Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Arctic Air Mass and Stuff

The weather was normal on my way to work this morning. Average winter temperature and no snow to speak of. Our after work staff meeting was cancelled and I left work on time for a change. The temperature dropped considerable throughout the day and the wind picked up, cancellations were many, but the drive home was uneventful.

I'd already been home for an hour when Hannah realized she'd forgotten about Joe asking to come over tonight. She'd already eaten dinner, but I hadn't, so I called to see if he still wanted to come. I figured we could grab something together and bring it back to eat. We decided on Wendy's. We went inside instead of using the drive-thru. We had picked up our orders and were about to leave when a small voice called, "Hi!" Three children hurried up to us. I got a hug from Lucas and was pleasantly surprised to find my son and daughter in law in front of me. It was a chance meeting (or divine appointment). They were planning to hit the drive-thru when they spotted my car in the parking lot. We all decided to stay and eat together. Funny thing is I'd been thinking about them on my way home from work earlier. I think God heard me thinking.

My Minnesota son was able to work from home today. He may be all grown up and far away, but when the weather is especially cold and nasty, he's still on my mind. I was blessed to know he was safe at home with his little family. How about that Number Eleven?

PS. It was a much better day. 

8 comments:

  1. ...I hear that if you can get through this cold weather, next week may be in the 40s. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your week is improving. A canceled staff meeting is an almost unheard of gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! We were just waiting for this one to be cancelled. Had it not been for the weather, I'd have been there until 7 pm. Yes. It was a wonderful gift tonight.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. I love it when stuff like that happens! Glad you enjoyed dinner with your kiddos. An that Parker is a "cutie pants". I loved the little video clip of Austin and him talking to each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the video too. So cute. I am so glad he finally got to be a big brother. He looks like a wonderful one.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. Oh Number 11 is so adorable. I miss babies. When are my married grandchildren going to get busy. If they love in cold weather maybe they would..hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couples don't seem to want children the same today as they once did. Once once a time our neighborhoods were full of children. Not so much now. Yes, cold weather is an inspiration when it comes to babies. Ha ha!

      Delete