Saturday, January 19, 2019

A Snow Covered Saturday

I went out to the eye doctor this morning. I hadn't been since 2011, but the doctor and I chatted about our kids, and she asked if my daughter had told me about the time she walked in on Bethany's Norwex demonstration. She said Bethany stopped mid-sentence when she saw her eye doctor but recovered nicely. Dr Weisenreder has been her doctor since she was just a little girl. I left with severely dilated pupils, squinted my way home through the snow, and was thankful the sun wasn't blasting. This afternoon, while my eyes were at half dilation, I took a nap. I did not go to the pottery studio, even though I wanted to.

Life has been different the past two weeks. The Cabinetmaker left for a job in North Carolina nearly two weeks ago. We met for breakfast the day before he left, but I haven't heard from him since. Our second son is with him and I'm sure all is well. It's just different. Different not to hear from him at all.

We are having a snow storm. We are doing this because it is winter in the Great Lakes region and that is how we roll. When I was a young girl my dad went to work in weather like this. Now we have travel advisories. No unnecessary travel. Once I got home, I stayed home, mostly because I had a headache.

Several churches have already cancelled services for tomorrow morning, even places that never used to close. I haven't heard anything about the one I attend, so I'm assuming they haven't cancelled anything yet. Storms have a way of doing their own thing at the last minute, so maybe they're waiting to see how it plays out tonight. (Never mind. They cancelled too.)

2 comments:

  1. ...it's time to hunker down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. I hunkered down yesterday. Looks like it might be the same today, unless we get the driveway cleared.

      Delete