Thursday, January 03, 2019

Bits and Pieces

* Looked at my camera this morning and decided to leave it home.

* Still low on babies at work, so I peeled potatoes in the kitchen until I was asked if I could be in the toddler room while one of the regular teachers stepped out. It was early and children were still arriving. I ended up snuggling one small child for a half hour after her mother left. She melted into my shoulder as I rocked her on my lap, and I thought she might have fallen asleep, but she was just soaking in the love and attention. This small child drank in every ounce of love I could give. At nine o'clock I had to put her down and go back to the kitchen, but by then she was okay and ready to play with her friends.

* I've been mixing up the menu this week. Shuffled lunches around until the food truck came today. Meatball subs will be served tomorrow, now that we have meatballs.

* Getting out of work early usually comes as a surprise and today was my lucky day. Again. Such is the holiday weekend. We've been taking turns going home early. I was "free to go" after I was done in the kitchen, which included putting all our "groceries" away. I punched out at 1:15 pm and headed to the pottery studio.

* At the studio I used some old slabs and made a cute little box. No room to fit music inside. It will have to be for trinkets (or teeth) ha ha!. It turned out so cute that I suddenly wished I'd brought my camera along. (Of course...) Throwing on the wheel is fun, but building boxes is easier on my thumbs which get sore and achy from tendonitis or arthritis or whatever. I'm giving them a rest for bit while I play a different game and it's a game I like.

* Number Nine is running a fever tonight. He went from a happy, bouncy little guy (on Motrin) to a fiery hot, bundle of snuggles in the space of a half hour. Didn't cry, just found laying on mommy the best place to be. He got quieter and quieter as he grew hotter. Here's hoping he feels better soon.

4 comments:

  1. ...a bit of love is an amazing thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are plenty of bugs going around near us. I hope that Number 9 feels better soon and that you are able to get more work done in the pottery studio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little illnesses are the bane of childhood. Looks like it's a virus of one kind or another. Poor little guy.

      Perhaps I will head back tot he pottery studio sooner rather than later.
      :0)

      Delete