Monday, January 28, 2019

How Am I?

Emotional. That's how I've been feeling. The teary kind of emotional, where I just want to cry. (How's that for honesty?) I'm going to be okay. Really, I am.

All week I look forward to the weekend, and then for half the weekend I wonder what to do and find myself looking forward to Monday. I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but I think it's mostly good. At least I'm not spending half my weekend dreading my return to work... even if I do feel a little overwhelmed when the alarm goes off in the morning.

I had some time to stop at the pottery studio on Saturday and found one of my boxes waiting on the bisque shelf. I took a few minutes to glaze it and am looking forward to seeing the finished result. I put another box in the kiln room for a first firing, rolled some pieces for a new box, and bought another bag of clay. I am finally amassing a collection of something beside bowls. Ha ha!

I had a wonderful visit with my beautiful daughter on Sunday afternoon. (Why, yes! They ARE both beautiful!) It was nice to simply sit and enjoy each other's company. She's going on a trip soon and I can hardly wait until she returns to tell me all about it.

2 comments:

  1. ...how I wish that you could live in the moment and find enjoyment. Stay warm and keep creating your art. I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often do live in the moment... And then there are moments when I don't.

      In my memory banks are dozens of precious memories lived In the Moment. Nights up soothing tiny babies, afternoons on the back porch watching barn swallows, evenings out back on the tire swing with my daughter... Beautiful, beautiful moments. There are new ones too. Little arms around my neck in the baby room, Sunday evening puzzles with my sister, and coming home moments when Number Nine looks at me, smiles, and says, "Hi, Grammy!"
      :0)

      Delete