Wednesday, January 02, 2019

New Beginnings

Today is not Monday. But it feels like it. Yesterday felt so much like Saturday that I had to repeatedly remind myself that it wasn't. Ha ha! I'm beginning to see why Federal holidays are always on a Monday... (except July 4). Ha ha! My days are all messed up. The holidays have totally thrown any sense of routine right out the window. Good thing we aren't changing the clocks anytime soon!

I came home last night feeling chilled to the bone. It was dinner time, but I put my pajamas on and crawled into bed with my heating pad and laptop. I should have made myself a cup of hot tea, but once I was under the covers I didn't want to get out again. I went to sleep early, woke up at about 9:30 pm when my phone chimed, again to use the bathroom at 10:30 pm, and then stayed in bed until it was time to get up for work. I must have been tired.

Today was a good day. I'm eating healthy and looking forward to whatever 2019 brings.

8 comments:

  1. ...I have the darndest time keeping the day straight. Make 2019 a special year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No wonder so many of us are feeling cranky. Ha ha!
      Special. Yes.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I too have been muddled with the days! I’ve asked my husband more than once “what day is it?” He didn’t always know either! I hope 2019 is a good one for you Martha.

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't recall a holiday time ever being quite so confusing though I know Christmas and New Year have fallen on Tuesdays plenty of other times.

      Happy New Year, Marilyn!

      Delete
  3. I have been so off schedule and I am thankful for the time to relax and not worry about the day of the week. I am glad to have a new year and some new beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I never had such a time with it previous because I didn't have to worry it about it either. Now I have to make sure I get to work on the right days. LOL!

      Delete
  4. By about December 26th I was pining for "real life" to return. Holidays are wonderful and changes in routine can be healthy, but there is a lot to be said for doing everything decently and in order, too. And for me that means being able to remember what day it is. And to eat a vegetable now and then...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Stacy, vegetable are important. I am back to eating clean now that it's January. The routine in on its way back too. Phew!
      :0)

      Delete