Tuesday, January 08, 2019

January? Really?

Can it really be January in upstate NY? Will the rain drumming on my roof be snow by tomorrow morning? Anything can happen, but it's not looking probable. The good thing is we don't have scrape rain off any windshields.

I popped into the pottery studio a couple of times this past weekend. I rarely stay long, but I do have a few items to show for the times I do stop. I've been asked by a couple of wheel throwing friends if I am going to take another class. They think I should take the advanced class on Saturday mornings... but for now I am rather satisfied dabbling. Throwing aggravates the tendonitis (or is it arthritis?) in my thumbs, while handbuilding is a bit gentler. I like both, but have been doing a little more handbuilding lately. Boxes. With figures on top. And... I really don't have the extra cash for a class. Right now I prefer renting a shelf. I think it's a nice arrangement.

I'm not even sure how I ended up with an upside down figure on the little trinket box. It just kind of ... happened. I hope it doesn't fall apart before it gets fired and glazed.
 
The blue box has music inside, and the other one has yet to be glaze fired. The head still isn't firmly attached. Perhaps it is a sign. Mom used to say I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached. Ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. ...your Mom and mine sound the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like January now... Did she also say, "You're slower than molasses in January?"

      Delete