Sunday, January 20, 2019

Snowy Sunday Snowday

I turned off my alarm clock last night and slept in this morning. Woke up at 7:15 am for a potty break. I may have been awake, but I crawled back into bed to enjoy the moment.

The snow fell fine and thick throughout the night and temperatures were bitter. No snowmen sprung up today. It was too cold. Churches were closed and it was well past noon before many folks ventured out. There were mostly snowplows and police officers when I headed to my sister's house around 1 pm. She wanted to take pictures. We didn't drive far, just down to the bay and back again.


 I had to stop and take a picture on the way into Rachel's neighborhood. The snow was incredible!


The seagulls on the bay were quite certain we had brought something to eat. They were mistaken.


The little beach houses between the bay and Lake Ontario looked shocked by the storm, yet they've weathered many.


These evergreens were dressed in snow, the first wearing the heaviest coat and the last the lightest. 


I went from my sister's house to my daughter's place and had a cup of tea at each. I love the plants on Bethany's window sill, along with the menagerie of containers on the countertop.


 I headed for home just before dark, and the road into the track caught my attention. The snow covered side street took me back in time 40 years ( how is that possible? ...), to a time when my friends and I would go out to school functions on snowy evenings and walk home afterward. It looked very much like this in the late 70's.


And then I was home. Back to the little house I grew up in, the one I now share with a little family of three. I no sooner got in the door than a small boy said, "Play cars, Grammy?"

4 comments:

  1. ...the snow that we have been waiting for and more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And now it's too cold to play outside!

      Delete
  2. Martha, I can't even image snow like that! We have some beautiful white caps on the mountains in the distance...but that's all we will enjoy...seeing it from afar. I am trying today to visit some dear blog friends. I'm missed so much. Thank you dear for your faithful visits, even when I don't return them. I do try to respond to everyone who visits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get blog visiting much, but I love you so much that I have to pop in every so often. One day, even if it's on the other side, we'll have to sit down for some coffee and scones.
      :0)

      Delete