Friday, January 18, 2019

Bits and Pieces

I haven't posted all week. I guess that's what happens when life is wild and crazy. Or maybe I just don't always know what I'm thinking...

* Sunday afternoon my friend Laura invited me to dinner. Dinner with a friend is always nice.

* Monday night was my Step Study meeting. I go there directly from work which makes for one very long day, but it's so worth it. Even if it makes me cry.

* Tuesday night... Ah, yes! I got my hair cut and then came home. Sometimes it's nice to come home after work.

* Wednesday. I had an a appointment and then went to the pottery studio. I made a box (Are you surprised?) and I glazed my little box with the upside down character on top. Haven't seen my friend Ginger in a while, but Myong was there taking her first wheel thrown pottery class.

* Thursday I drove out to Williamson after work.I needed to print some papers and my printer here doesn't want to connect with my computer. Then I hurried home because Ben was coming to dinner. We stayed up way too late talking and listening to him tell stories. When he left, Hannah and I stayed up even later. What was I thinking? I had to get up for work this morning.

* Today I came directly home after work. Wait. No, I did not. I lied. I went to get gasoline and then stopped at Wegmans for bread and milk. Ha ha! Not really. I stopped for a few other things, and then I came home and had Cream of Rice and a cup of hot tea for supper. Now I am hunkered down, ready to cover  myself up and go to sleep, except I haven't brushed my teeth yet...

*Tomorrow I will go to the eye doctor and pay a small fortune to have an eye exam. Perhaps I shall pay another small fortune for a pair of spectacles. We shall see. (Ha ha! No pun intended. Sometimes I surprise myself.) And then maybe we'll have ourselves a little snowstorm.


8 comments:

  1. ...it sounds like more than a little storm coming, be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Martha! I don't know you and somehow encountered your blog. I enjoy it for many reasons, so thank you! Your post today made me think. I spent way too much on glasses last year. Too late, I remembered buying glasses for students online. The site I used was Zenni Optical. We had great success getting very affordable glasses - you might want to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked up Zenni Optical just before posting this. That is why I said, "perhaps" and "we shall see." We're on the same track. (thank you, T)

      Delete
  3. Martha- It sounds like you had a VERY BUSY week!!! I have at least one 'long day' every week-mine is Tuesday.
    Hope you have a blessed, wonderful weekend- xoDiana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, life is totally different now from just a few years ago. I'm back from my eye doctor appointment and ready to relax. Praying your weekend is restful too.

      Delete
  4. Hi Martha....
    You sure are a busy gal!
    Our eye exams are covered up here...providing you’re over 65...😂...which I am, but you’re not!
    Getting light snowfall here...not like expected... I think you’ll get more lake effect snow where you are.
    Enjoy your weekend...relaxing with my crochet!🧶

    Linda🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, staying busy is best. If not for the weather my Mississauga cousin would have been visiting. I've been to the eye doctor, taken a nap, and now I am not sure what to do. At least my eyes are not quite as dilated as when I drove home. Ha ha! Spring feels far, far away today...
      Happy crocheting!
      :0)

      Delete