Wednesday, November 26, 2014

T is for Tombstone

Picking up where I left off in May...

T is for tombstone. (Not quite the Thanksgiving week word you were expecting, eh?)

It's getting cold outside, too cold to walk through the cemetery, but a couple weeks ago we had some beautiful weather for cemetery walks, and so we did. One of my favorite things to do on these walks is to read epitaphs and today this one reminds me of Thanksgiving (even if it does look like the engraver made a typo...okay, not exactly a typo. Maybe more like a mistake in letter placement.) . I am thankful for that day of promise.

Happy Thanksgiving.  I hope you are thankful too.

 For more ABC Wednesday, click here.

10 comments:

  1. You took a nice long break on the alphabet! ha. :)
    Neat tombstone...I'm not seeing the typo! But it's been a long day. haha.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's not actually a typo. Just seems like someone messed up on the layout of the letters.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I enjoy walking through cemeteries too. Don't do it as much as I'd like, but my genealogy hobby provides me with opportunities every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful every time you participate!

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roger. I always appreciate seeing your name here.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. didn't think of doing a tombstone, so I recently went to my son's cemetery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something strangely sad yet comforting about seeing a name engraved in stone,

      Delete