Friday, November 14, 2014

Here I Am...

I finally feel like my life is beginning to calm down a little. I still have busy, or... let's make that crazy, days, like when my grandkids are here and decide to dump more than sufficient amounts of toys on the floor, proceed to ensure they are spread from one end of the house to the other, and verify they are tucked way out of reach beneath the furniture. It isn't the toys that set me on edge though, it's the constant childish banter, along with a wrestling match or two complete with biting and/or inappropriate name calling. sigh Yes, my own children did this too, minus the biting, and survived.

I have fewer "flowers" in my garden, and not so many "punkins" in the patch these days. It's given me a bit of time to catch up with  myself and "decompress" as my favorite daughter in law would say. I'm not certain how God will fulfill the financial void, apparently not through selling pies (ha ha!), but I know He has a plan. Maybe it's more important that I am sane rather than secure.

Winter is preparing to settle in much to the consternation of local residents who somehow forget each and every autumn that snow is quite normal in upstate New York in November, and it isn't unheard of for flurries to appear in mid October. We're never quite ready to trade in our flip flops for winter boots, but I still believe there is something magical about the first snow of the season. Of course, it's most magical if one is actually outside catching snowflakes on the tongue. (And barefoot, right, Della?)

6 comments:

  1. That is quite a difference from toys everywhere to some solitude. I know we have a big God who will fill in the financial cracks..not sure how...but He will. I felt that way when we moved here and the rent was quite a bit more than Aunt Trula had charged us...but you know what. We are doing good, and I can't explain why it feels like we have the same. God is good all the time, and then some. Love, hugs, sparkles and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The days in my weeks tend to vary drastically. There are lonely days and days when lonely is far from sight. The Lord has always provided and I know He always will.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Decompress...love that. Hope you enjoy the decompression. :)

    Our reno is done as of 6pm Friday night and I felt this weight lift off of me. I need to decompress, too. What a lovely thought. I have this week before the craziness begins. Hope I make myself take a little 'me' time. I need to putter...putter renews me.

    I wouldn't be so quick to say you couldn't sell pies! I sold cookies for years. It only takes that first sale. Put a little note on Facebook with a gorgeous picture and a price. You might be surprised!

    I love your photos...wow...magazine worthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on the completed project! From what I've seen it's gorgeous. I hope your boys did okay with the break in "normal."

      I haven't decided yet that I "can't" but I am feeling blessed even giving them away. I did pop a note on Facebook, but all my "takers" lived out of the area, one in Niagara Falls, Canada.

      Photos have been fun lately.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. I love taking the time to decompress! Sometimes I stay up late into the night, just soaking in the quiet. The first snow this year WAS magical. Having the three youngest here each day homeschooling is magical too. They went out to play in it twice yesterday. Martha, you should totally find a way to sell pies. Keep a low profile though, to evade any overzealous law-lovers who would insist on an inspected kitchen or insurance, or whatever. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already thought about the low profile thing. Opening any kind of business is daunting considering all the strings attached. Perhaps one day another pie will make its way east and down 34... maybe.
      :0)

      Delete