Saturday, November 08, 2014

Pizza Party Night (with pie)

I made too many pies... maybe. We'll see how many are left on the counter once the company has dispersed this evening.

I offered a pizza party and Ben requested pie for dessert, apple and pumpkin. Yesterday I considered my apple collection and decided to build a fleet of pastries, six in all. Although six pies waited upon my kitchen table, not one of them was pumpkin, so this morning I set out to fulfill the remainder of the order.

Pastry was mixed, rolled, and fitted into pie plates. I'd planned to make two pies, but when I looked into my supply of eggs, I found they were lacking. I decided to make one pie instead of two. I could freeze the extra crust. I beat three eggs and set them aside, collected the remaining ingredients, and in my distraction knocked over my bowl of eggs... blah! Another baking mishap...

I was delivered from exasperation by my daughter who offered to run get another dozen eggs. While she was gone I cleaned up the mess, washed the dishes, and mixed together everything but the eggs. With her help I was able to bake both pies and get out early enough to visit the bank and accomplish my shopping.

Homemade pizza is on the menu. Not everyone is able to come, but we'll have enough for a celebration. I hope my boy knows how much he is loved.

18 comments:

  1. Oooh...those look delicious!

    And of course he knows! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice gathering. There were enough children for some fun a d raucous laughter, and enough adults to eat up most of the pizza and at least a whole pumpkin pie.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Party.....Pizza......Pies.....Perfect!
    Have a great evening!
    Cheers!
    Linda:o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider it a success.
      :0)

      Delete
    2. You should ask Betsy about starting your own pie business....
      She has a couple of successful ventures, right?
      Or....find a small shop who would buy your pies!
      Think about it....
      How do you do your crimped edging?

      Delete
    3. I've thought about it, but I'm kind of random with my baking...
      I crimp the edges with my fingers like my mom used to. Roll the edges of the dough and give it a pinch.
      :0)

      Delete
    4. Roll it under.....and then pinch?

      Delete
    5. I roll it up onto the edge of the pie plate, and then pinch.

      Delete
    6. Shall I come over and show you?

      Delete
  3. Apple pie, Pumpkin pie, and Pizza pie. What a delightful "pie" party. They look so good. I need to make a pumpkin pie. In fact, my company is coming back to spend Sunday night..so I'll make it tomorrow afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so enjoyed making pie and giving it away. Ben got to take home his second pie of the season tonight and almost a whole circle pizza. The pumpkin pie was a hit, even with the kids, especially when I piled on the whipped cream.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. Dear Martha, This sounds like a party that will be fun. I am sure your boy knows how much he is loved with all the love that is going into bringing this party together. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of work and a lot of love. I think everyone was happy with the pizza and dessert. Who wouldn't be happy with pie?
      :0)

      Delete
  5. Martha...you can never have too many pies. Someone will eat always them or take some home. Sounds like a fun time. BTW I am always having a baking disaster of some kind. You knocking over the eggs sounds familiar to me :-)

    Marilyn from Canada

    PS we got snow yesterday and it is here to stay I think :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found all the pies a home. This afternoon we took the last apple pie to our son Joe who lives about an hour away. He couldn't come home for the party because he had to work. He was quite pleased at his good fortune. Never too many pies!
      :0)

      PS. Snow? It couldn't be!

      Delete
  6. There is no such thing as too much pie!

    ReplyDelete