Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cold, Cold, Cold!!!

You may or may not have heard about he raging blizzards affecting the Great Lakes. The area east of Lake Erie, otherwise known as Buffalo, and areas east of Lake Ontario too I suppose, are experiencing a drastic early blizzards with significant snowfall. Here, in the Rochester area we are getting blizzard like winds and frigid temperatures, but not so much in the way of snow accumulation.

My beautiful daughter sent me a message mid morning telling me how she had neglected to bring her houseplants inside and her jade plant was frozen through. Good thing her mother has plenty of extras. She sent me second message offering a cup of tea or coffee if I should chance to venture over her direction. She was in luck today because I had a freshly baked apple pie in my van (I was at Ladies' Bible study...) just waiting for a home. Guess what we had for lunch?

Tonight the snowless winds howl about the house chasing anything out of doors under cover. I am especially grateful for my hot dinner of meatloaf, potatoes au'gratin, and broccoli,  a good sturdy house, and a fire in the wood stove. Hope you're staying warm and in out of the cold too.


(Almost forgot the pictures. Silly me...)

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely Martha!
    We can hear the winds howling here too....
    Is someone annoyed with us!?
    Enjoy your evening....Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old Man Winter is furious!

      Delete
    2. Sure...add the pie pictures....
      Now I want some!

      Delete
    3. :0)
      After the storms are over and they dig out the thruway again.

      Delete
    4. They'll be flooded by Monday!

      Delete
    5. One day I'll get brave, run away from home for the day, and show up on your doorstep with a bag full of apples and my rolling pin.

      Delete
    6. I'll be waiting with open arms....
      And a fork!

      Delete
  2. I keep thinking about poor Steven working outside until 11:00pm at Wegmans...brrrr! :\

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, serendipity thing to do! A win/win for everyone. Pie looks yummy. I bet you could make those in your sleep by now! :)

    I heard about the NY snow and wondered if you were included. Seems like you would be, living so close to the lake! I'm sure you aren't sorry, though..you'll get your turn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lake Ontario is making snow too, but on the eastern end. I'm not sorry to miss out on this round, but yes, we'll get our own soon enough. Maybe too soon.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. Burrr just reading your post makes me shiver. Of course your pie looks like a elegant cookbook picture. BTW. I didn't have a Christmas stocking growing up either, but our kids loved their stockings as much as a present. I wrapped all the little gifts, so it took time to open everything in the sock, and prolonged the fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't wrap the stuff inside. It would have taken all night and into the next afternoon.
      :0)

      Delete