Friday, June 20, 2014

Thirty-three Years

Where has the time gone? I can scarcely believe I am over 33 years old much less married for that long. Could that warm June day really have been so many years ago? Could it really be I have slept by his side for 33 years? It seems just a short time ago we were looking forward to our 17th anniversary, the one that marked us being married for half our lives, and now we have almost doubled that time. Was our 25th anniversary really 8 years ago already? The one where our kids threw us a surprise party down at the park and invited so many friends and family members?

(Do you know what? A beautiful flower arrangement was just delivered to my door. How sweet is that? And an extra yellow carnation from the florist/farm market too.)

If time allows, in another 33 years we could be celebrating our 66th wedding anniversary Wouldn't that be special?

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary. It's hard to believe it really is 33 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'm not sure what happened to the last dozen or so... The first few didn't go by in the blur the last ones have.

      Delete
  2. Oh my....33 years....good for you and Jim!
    Cheers a!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete