Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Tuesday

Yesterday was an ab- solutely, in- credibly gorgeous kind of day. I normally go to Ladies' Prayer and Bible Study on Tuesday mornings, but yesterday I took a drive instead and returned my boy to Auburn. I'd thought to go Monday night, but Hannah was watching the USA vs Ghana World Cup soccer game at a friend's house and James was tired from working all day. Besides that, Joe had spent the afternoon with a friend he doesn't normally see now that he's living in Auburn, and I didn't want to rush off tired myself either. Instead we took a "somewhat" leisurely drive, stopped at Wegmans so Joe could pick up a few groceries, and took a quick peek at Owasco Lake. (I have to go back there. We didn't even get out of the car...) On the way home Hannah was a captive audience and I jabbered at her the whole time. (I won't have her forever and so now is my chance.)

Yesterday afternoon brought some torrential down- pours and spiked the humidity levels. The rain came on so fast we scarcely had time to run upstairs and close the windows.

Later in the evening, when the storms had temporarily abated, we cooked a few burgers on the back porch and enjoyed leftovers from Sunday's family picnic for dinner. Hannah typically plays Frisbee on Tuesday nights, but she was home instead and declared it a Roy Rogers movie night so we holed up in the living room to watch "Silver Spurs" while the thunder storms closed in once again.

I've been reading a missionary blog lately. Finding myself inspired by Lydia and her adventure in Guatamala.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a real nice day and evening. Blessings dear. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't have asked for more.
      Thank you, Catherine. Many blessings to you also.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a lovely perfect day to me too!
    Except for the thunderstorms...and...Roy Rogers?
    Really?? hahaha!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thunderstorms, especiallly when the kids start collecting flashlights just in case. Emily and I were in Auburn on Wednesday, Wegmans and the Salvation Army, and the Real Deals. Wouldn't it be fun to run in to each other out and about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be tons of fun to run into each other! One day I might make good on that promise to show up in your driveway.
      :0)

      Delete