Thursday, June 26, 2014

Yia Yia's Ice Cream Shoppe

It was a grandkid kind of day. We brought Josh and Jake here early this morning and Lucas, Simon, and Aubrey showed up a little after nine. After a crazy morning of noise and raucous laughter, we all went outside to play for a while.

Our favorite ice cream shoppe, Yia Yia's, is not too very far away. I thought it might be fun to take the kids out for a cone and since it was a beautiful day, with plenty of sunshine, and Leta was done cleaning early, we decided to go. All the little ones pick "Superman" ice cream; strawberry, banana, and blue moon. (I'm not sure what blue moon tastes like, but I do know strawberry and banana.) I think the kids love both the name and the bright colors.

Jacob fell asleep on the way to get ice cream and slept right through all the fun even though Aunt Hannah had taken out him of the van. He slept soundly on her lap all the while she ate her cone, all the while she put him back in the van, and woke up as soon as we pulled out of the parking lot. I bought a box of ice cream sandwiches on the way home so he wouldn't miss out on all the fun. Aren't I just the best grammy ever?

10 comments:

  1. yes, you are...but I've always thought that. :) I can see why they kids want the Super Man ice cream. That's just about irresistible, isn't it? ha. I would have chosen something chocolate... or pralines and cream. yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked a soft vanilla/chocolate twist, no sprinkles. Sometimes I spice things up and do something different but my favorite is always the soft serve, usually vanilla.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. What great fun and memories for you and the kids. That is what summer is all about. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe next we'll go throw rocks in the lake or something cool like that.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Absolutely! Sounds like fun! And what kid doesn't like to throw rocks in the lake? We used to take Steven and Michael to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's as much for me as it is for them. There is something about the simple pleasures of life that refresh the soul and energize the mind and body.

      Delete
  4. Kids could throw rocks in water for hours! I like soft serve twist, chocolate and vanilla, and oh my, sprinkles, but we rarely get those. Back in the day when I took a dozen kids for ice cream, sprinkles just cost too much...:), and Yes, you are the best Grammy ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you, Della!
      I try to stay away from that ice cream shoppe, but oh, I just can't.
      :0)

      Delete
  5. Best Grammy ever. We need a rock-throwing day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Want to come over and do it together? We could get an ice cream afterward.
      :0)

      Delete