Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Hide and Seek

It's been weeks since we moved our refrigerator in search of the foul smell in our kitchen. I looked everywhere but couldn't find any dead rodents. I was distressed about the stench that seemed to come and go but there was little to be done. I consoled myself with the fact that my sniffer is stronger than most folk's.

Today we tossed some saw horses, a couple old doors, and my fold-up table into the back of the little pick-up truck for transport to Bethany's house. She's having a yard sale this week. We unloaded a few boxes into her garage and she proceeded to unfold the fold-up table... "Oh, no!" she exclaimed for there inside the fold-up table was a mouse carcass. "Oh, yeah," she assured me later, "It's old. It's nothing but fur and bones." (Ew... gross.) Looks like he was after that peanut, but never got there...

I'm somewhat relieved that he isn't going to fall out of the table at a family picnic or something.

8 comments:

  1. Had that table been in your kitchen? That was the smell? Oh dear. You only have to smell that smell once and you never forget it. ha. Here's to fresher smelling kitchens now. lol....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was. We have a hallway of sorts as a storage area just inside the back door and directly opposite where I had the table stored along the wall is the fridge. I had moved the table and checked behind it, just never thought to open it up.

      Delete
  2. Glad you found the cause and got rid of it - lucky peanut to survive!

    . . . . lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor little mousy. imagine him starving to death with that peanut just out of reach, his little whiskers twitching as he sniffs, struggles, and gasps his last breath...
    well, someone as to pull for the under-mouse. {:^)
    glad he's out of your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather pathetic, isn't it?
      I'm glad he's out of my kitchen too.
      :0)

      Delete