Sunday, June 29, 2014

Taking Pictures

There was a wedding at church this afternoon and the bride asked me if I would be willing to take pictures at the reception. There was a regular paid photographer to take all the formal and "important" pictures which freed me up to take random photos. Since I had been given the "job" of taking photos, I did, and I had fun. I got some nice people pictures, some of the children in attendance, which I don't feel free to show. Too bad. But I have some good "foody photos" and guess what? The only thing I ate was fruit. Aren't I a good girl? Well, I was today anyway.




It was really, really hard to resist that cake. I should get a prize for not eating any. Maybe an ice cream cone or something. :0)

8 comments:

  1. Nice! I do love to see a pretty table of food! That cake does look yummy! What willpower! Having a job and camera in your hands probably helped. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it probably did, but I'm still thinking about that cake and that can't be a good sign. ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks Martha, now I am also thinking about that cake. The picture looks yummy. Oh, the fruit is beautiful, but sorry, the cake is what calls me... Good for you, resisting it, though I agree you should get a prize. Something along the lines of...Resist Cake = Lose 4 Pounds. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now wouldn't that be nice, Della? I'm really attempting (for the umpteenth time) to resist not only the goodies, but the gluten. I didn't even have one of the nice sandwiches they had. But I did have fun and got some great pictures.

      Delete
  3. I am on a GF diet for medical reasons, and sometimes it is VERY hard. But I have learned to live with it and just make different choices.......after a while it becomes second nature. I have to say though that the cake looks really good. Good for you for resisting :-)

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are plenty of great GF things to eat, the trick is keeping them on hand. (That cake almost did me in.)

      Delete