Saturday, June 07, 2014

Blue Lu

I did not have time to blog yesterday, I was too busy chasing children, doing a little garden work, and watching a movie with My Darling. It just didn't happen yesterday, but I did want to tell you about "Blue Lu"...

It was a beautiful day. Hannah took off for Bethany's house and the grocery store. I took my three small grandchildren outside to play. In an effort to keep them not only entertained but somewhat contained, I got out some new sticks of sidewalk chalk and dragged an old chalk board out of the barn. It started out tame and gradually became a hysterical game.



I had "Blue Lu" wash his face before we went in for lunch and by that time Hannah had returned from her errand. She brought Jake and Josh home with her and we had five grandchildren instead of three. We went back outside for some more fun after lunch ...



Like a good grandmother, I sat back, camera in hand, and took pictures... (Looks kind of like a boy's version of a make-up party.) "Hey, how'd you do that?" Josh asked his blue-faced cousin.
"I drew a big circle, like this," answered Lucas, and he drew a big circle on the chalk board and colored it in. "Then I rubbed my face on it." He proceeded to demonstrate.






It'll be another busy day. My kids have a bonfire party planned for this evening and I'm going to make a pot of chili after I go shopping (or maybe before, who knows?).

PS. Lucas and his blue face reminded me of a poem  my dad used to read us when we were kids. It's here.

8 comments:

  1. ccool grandma don't for get the camera at the bonfire..
    ahh hot-dogs? potato salad, lemonade or hot chocolate, smores. ah a family bonfire!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camera is ready.
      I cooked up a big batch of chili. We have hotdogs and all the fixin's for s'mores. Yup, family and then some.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. This is hilarious. At least it wasn't red lipstick. ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cleanup with chalk is so much easier than real makeup. They had a blast and it was harmless.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the boys in blue....I had never heard of the poem...long, but very interesting. I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great?
      All I could remember of the poem was "their heads are green and their hands are blue and they went to sea in a sieve." Brings back good memories of being snuggled up beside Dad before bedtime.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm hoping we make lots of great memories together. Maybe I'll turn out to be a fun grandma after all.
      :0)

      Delete