Sunday, February 12, 2012

Winter Surprise

For He says to the snow, 'Fall on the earth';
Job 37:6a

It been spring for most of the winter, but this weekend the snow arrived better late than never. Not to be dissuaded by a few inches of snow, we headed out to to church and found it to be somewhat emptier than usual. No surprise, especially since the snow totals were a foot or more by early this afternoon. Even upstate New Yorkers like to have a snow day once in a while.

I had to smile at what my friend Lorrie had to say about the weather this morning...
"Wow good morning " winter " ~ cant believe its the middle of Feb and you still haven't outgrown your beauty"


My snowman fence left me with a grin too. Looks like it got a little too chilly and they pulled the blanket right up to their chins! (I think that snowman has a rather mischievous smile, don't you?)

6 comments:

  1. It was SO beautiful today!!! I have to admit that not having the snow so far makes life a bit easier, but it sure is beautiful when we have it:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been such a great winter! Even the snow is beautiful. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh that first picture is beautiful! I love snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow is not going to last long. It is a very drippy kind of day. Snowman weather, if I was so inclined.

      Delete
  3. I can tell that Florida is making me soft. Those beautiful pictures made me shiver just thinking about winter! I am actually glad that winter is showing its face though. We need snow to keep the droughts away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin, I would get soft really fast, but I do find it easier to just love it while it lasts. No use complaining.

      Delete