Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Year of Blessings

Today marks one year since I began my list of One Thousand Gifts. It has been a year of searching, watching, and hoping. Some gifts have "hidden" out in the open, while others are disguised as something other than a blessing. I often find it difficult to be thankful for the painful gifts, the gifts that stretch me beyond my comfort zone, but I know He asks, even waits, for me to thank Him for even the hard eucharisteo.

I am learning old lessons, and I am thankful He is patient while He works His love into my life once again.

1. The wire wheel moments embedded in my memory

48. Sparkles in the sunlight

340. Tears. The only thing of ours He keeps. Cleansing, healing

838. Raincoats and umbrellas

1317. Tiny, brand new granddaughter

2095. Bowl of cereal shared. (Vinnie and Alex helped me eat my breakfast.)

2314. Rain on the roof

2645. Laughter and memories

2840. Bethany feeling sick (the ugly beautiful)


The last one, yeah, that's a good thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment