Monday, February 06, 2012

Oh, Monday

After a weekend of different activity, different than weekdays that is, Mondays bring a flurry of household chores. I've taken the recyclables to the curb (including that stash of Marley bottles my boys had hoarded away), washed several loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and... ta da! made Mom breakfast; scrambled eggs with red bell pepper and cheese, a pumpkin muffin, and a glass of cranberry/grape juice.

Alex played dishes with Aunt Margie who came to visit Mom, ate his lunch, and has been read two naptime stories, Go, Dog, Go and Peter Rabbit, both good books for little boys. He also managed this morning to scatter the basket of Beanie Babies, disperse all the Cutting Food across the carpet, and drive several small trucks and farm equipment over the windowsills and from one end of the room to the other.


The sun is shining and it feels like spring. Mom thinks it's a long wait for spring, but if the weather we've been having keeps up, we'll be looking for shorts and T-shirts by March. My snowdrops think it's time to bloom and I spotted the "first" robin a month ago. I almost took Alex out for a walk this morning, but I had work to do instead.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very productive Monday.

    Your mom's breakfast looks great...please set another plate, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! The truth is out. That is a lot of Marley bottles... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there were 21 Marley bottles. That's a lot of Molotov Cocktails. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, She ate rice and salad for supper. Said, "Don't give me too much. That looks like a lot. If I want more I'll get it later."

    ReplyDelete
  5. slip her some protein, cook the rice in chicken broth, will she eat beans.. good protein there. I keep harping on protein because it's the ... oh poo.. here;

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_%28nutrient%29

    that will say it all.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There were chicken strips in the rice, along with red bell peppers, onions, garlic, and celery. Not bad rice, just didn't eat much of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom in law is big on protein too, and I know it is helpful in keeping sugars balanced.

    Oh, wait! She's having some blueberry pie...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely day!

    What is it with guys and bottles? My Taylor will have 30 empty bottles in his car! Yuck! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - What a great breakfast!
    And what a lot of bottles!!! LOL

    Listen - butter. Butter. When I worked in peds we'd tell parents whose kids were on the lowest end of the weight spectrum to slip butter into things. If she eats a sandwich - put on a layer of butter before the jam/mayo/mustard, etc., if she won't mind. Also - through a little butter in her rice if she won't mind.
    Butter. It's what's for dinner. ;)

    ReplyDelete