Monday, February 27, 2012

Violet

Mom did not think she needed to see a doctor yesterday, and was fairly certain we were wasting time and money going to the orthopedic office this afternoon. I told her if she was a good girl I would get her a lollipop. "I don't want a lollipop," she said.

The bones in her wrist were slightly out of place and in need of a little adjustment. Her wrist was numbed and pressure applied while the cast was setting. I am relieved I didn't listen to her balking, but I think she is just relieved to be home again.

Mom was asleep in her chair when Emma came home from school.
"Look," I said, "Grandma is turning into a blueberry just like Violet Beauregard. Look at her fingers." Em grinned. "Do you know who that is?" I asked. She smiled and nodded her head.

3 comments:

  1. Even though you had already been to Urgent Care and had the proof of an x-ray, she still thought you and she were wasting your time and money?! She is a pill sometimes. If one of us had fingers that looked that purple, she would tell us to go to the doctor and get it checked out. So glad you took her in spite of her insistence she was fine.

    ReplyDelete