Thursday, February 02, 2012

Tents

Or is "tense"?

I have a headache. I think I will take some Benadry and an ibuprofen or two and go to bed. I need to relax because there are small children coming to play tomorrow morning. They need a babysitter who is awake and alert, and able to sit and play toys or read a book.

Today did not go so well. One small flower was plucked from the garden. When caring for more than one child, there must be some flexibility on both the part of the caretaker and the parents, and this is where problems can arise. Sadly, our schedules and routines don't always mesh. I knew it would happen one day, and things will be better in the long run, but it still creates a certain amount of tension in my body. I hope these parents find a suitable sitter for their little one. He really is a sweet little guy. I know they love him very much and want only what is best for him.

Mom is gone to Rachel's for the weekend. Maybe I will clean out my computer room and do some organizing while she is gone. Maybe I'll go out to breakfast with the women from church Saturday morning. Maybe I'll wander the aisles of some antique shop...

 (Picture courtesy Tummy Mountain. Check out the Etsy shop and buy a painting.)

5 comments:

  1. Oh fiddle, now that didn't go right.
    Mom is back??
    OOPS.
    now you really need a cup of soothing tea and a hug. Be right over.

    I wish. But my name is not Alice or Dorthy, no Genie to grant my wishes, no fairy godmother and Papa doesn't stay alone. So cyber hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like cyber hugs sent to you from Judi. Love you Mom. Yes, this day was anticipated, so you have that for comfort... I'll talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Judi, for the hugs, and thank you, Bethany for your words of encouragement. Sometimes I forget that it really was anticipated. Even though I say I knew that day would come, it was still a bit unnerving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad that I am behind in reading your blog.

    Remember pruning yields more growth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Stacy. Yes, now I have room for fresh plantings.

    ReplyDelete