Friday, February 17, 2012

This Week

This week is almost over. It's been a good week. James and I have embarked on a fruit and vegetable fast. Actually we have also eaten nuts and rice, so it's not completely fruits and veggies. We had a very nice Valentine dinner at home, with sauteed sweet red peppers, onions, and mushrooms with asparagus. I even threw in a handful of slivered almonds for fun (and protein). It's interesting trying to feed the rest of the family "normally" while we eat somewhat different. Good thing everyone loves salad.


Mom and I have worked on a jigsaw puzzle several evenings this week. I find it extremely beneficial if we can do something together, and we both enjoy this. It's not as easy for her as it once was, but she is still able to accomplish enough to feel satisfied that she is doing it. Now if Aunt Margie asks whether she did the puzzle she brought for Christmas, Mom can say yes.

I must say too, that Ladies' Prayer has been a incredible blessing the past few weeks. Just to pray and be prayed for brings such sweet relief. I am ever so thankful that with God there are no denominational lines between churches, and that I am welcome in this Tuesday group in spite of the fact that I am no longer there for Sunday services.

1 comment:

  1. I have for years done some kind of fasting from now until Easter. I have decided not to have bread, and something sweet once a week. The rest of the time, our menu sound like yours and James, but adding some fish.

    If I'm going to keep the weight I lost off....Gotta do it!!

    ReplyDelete