Saturday, February 25, 2012

No Such Thing

They say there is no such thing as a free lunch...

Yesterday afternoon James and I went out. We stopped at Mom's house to check on things. I set my purse on the sideboard and tucked the house key inside so it wouldn't get lost. After a few minutes we locked the door and headed off for the bank. While waiting for James, I decided to have a piece of gum. I turned around to get my purse and discovered it missing. My purse was locked safely inside my mother's house, along with the only house key in our immediate possession. The other keys were back home at our house, safe but too far to run home for.


We decided to run our errands and go out for lunch anyway. After a quick stop in Walmart, we found a restaurant we thought offered decent salads and went inside. It was late afternoon and not too crazy. We ordered an appetizer and two salads. Midway though my salad, I "crunched" on something no so crunchy. Upon further examination, I found what appeared to be a small plastic screw. It even had the markings for a Phillips head screwdriver on top. Nothing too disturbing on one hand, but not something one hopes to find in a salad either.

The waitress came along to see how everything was and asked if we might care for dessert. We assured her the food had been good, and quietly informed her of my discovery. She went to tell the manager who came out to talk with us and tell us from whence the offending tidbit came. He was very kind and all apologies, and as expected, lunch was on the house.

(The photographs... yesterday afternoon and this morning. Don't like the weather? Just wait a minute.)

5 comments:

  1. And here comes a break of sun through the clouds. Just wait... It's tucking behind a cloud now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now it's back for a few moments...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! WOW.
    Not so great salad.
    Barfo

    ReplyDelete
  4. not so umy in the tummy if you has just swallowed. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you didn't break a tooth!

    We had snow and sun at the same time yesterday! ha.

    ReplyDelete