Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Week's End

It's time for me to be heading upstairs to bed where James is waiting. It's been a long, tiring week. We're still finding appliances apparently damaged by last Saturday evening's lightening. On Wednesday I discovered my oven coil wasn't working, and this after my dinner of stuffed shells had already been in for 45 minutes. I'm glad it wasn't banana bread or something that needed a steady temperature. The broiler coil did the job of warming our supper and I only had to remember to turn it on and off a few times. This morning James discovered that the gradually warming refrigerator also has a malfunction. Seems the defrost cycle is not functioning. We've added the fridge to the growing list of possible losses. I'm hoping this is the last and rather relieved we don't possess an abundance of electrical gadgets. Perhaps it is a good thing we don't own a dishwasher.

Today we had a graduation party for Ben. It was somewhat "loosely" planned and left us to guess how many people would show up and how much food we needed. It all turned out good in the end and as usual, there was more than enough to go around. We even have food left. My poor husband is totally worn out. Guess I'd better go before he comes looking for me.

Sure would like to soak my feet in some cool water about now... That lake looks good.

6 comments:

  1. wow, busy.. no wonder your bushed.
    Hoping you have homeowner's insurance.. humm do they cover act's of God??
    Happy Graduation Ben!
    What kind of pie did you make?? Blue berries! At least in my dreams you did. love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judi, we shall see what they cover. Pie? Well, without a working oven I did very little baking. :)

    Thanks, Priscilla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that storm sure took its toll.

    I've never had a "dishwasher". Since I've never had one, I don't miss it. In fact I rather like doing dishes ~~give me time to ponder, plan and pray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The party was fun! You guys went all out with the food, I'm not surprised you're whooped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will insurance cover the appliances? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete